Reasons We Are Our Own Self-Destructive Weight-Loss Enemy and How to Stop

 

You have done an excessive amount of research on weight-loss. You know what kind of goals to set and exactly what needs to be done to achieve those goals. You also know the proper time-frame to give yourself and what can be achieved, yet you have no motivation get started. Or, maybe you do get started and you do really well for a while before reverting back to your old ways.

 

If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place to take the first step in overcoming that hurdle and ceasing to be your own worst weight-loss enemy.

 

The first thing you should understand is that weight-loss can not be based solely on your diet. Though 80% of weight-loss is dieting, what about the other 20%? Fixing or changing what you eat will not fix or change the possibly that you may be overeating. You should also understand that the only thing in between you and success, is you.

 

Many people find that food is comforting to them when they are stressed, bored, or depressed. That’s why meal planning works for so many, and why despite cost Nutrisystem remains a popular option for people who don’t want to have to think about the diet.  With Nutrisystem, or Special K shakes, and similar plans, you simply have the meal prepared for you.

If this is the case for you, that is something that should be addressed in addition to the diet and here is why: when you do meet your weight-loss goal and something really stressful happens in your life, how will you handle it? Eating can not be the answer anymore, and this is what leads many people to failure. The fear of not being able to stress-eat or binge-eat makes them scared to even begin their weight-loss journey. This is why you must consider all factors into your weight-loss plan.

 

If this fear is not your biggest obstacle, what is? Are you afraid that things will be worse once you meet your goal, and if so, what? Dig deep and figure out what is holding you back and take the time to come up with a solution to each of those fears. Keep in mind that even if you have tried and failed many times before, that doesn’t mean that it is impossible. It simply means that path did not work for you, and it is time to discover a new path.

 

Your mindset plays a huge role in success as well. If you are constantly thinking about how you are going to fail, then that is exactly what is going to happen. Even though the toughest times, remaining in a positive state of mind will carry you much further than you may think or want to believe.

 

On that note, you should take some time to draw up a list of reasons why achieving this goal will make your life better. For some, it may be as simple as an improved self-image. For others, it’s the way that they feel physically and emotionally that is driving them to meet a weight-loss goal. Maybe you have been at your goal weight before and can remember how incredible it made you feel. You were full of energy and felt much more lively than you do right now. The constant worrying about what number you are going to see on the scale alone can really make a negative impact on your health. If you have children, maybe you are worried about their impressions and thoughts, and want to be a better, healthier role model for them.

 

No matter what reasons are holding you back, there are many more better, positive reasons to pursue your goal. Sort out and conquer your fears, while striving to maintain a positive attitude along the way, and remembering that it is all part of the road to success. Once you have done this, think about all of those positive reasons you listed, use those as motivation and you will not fail.

October 9, 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *