The Cancer Treatment Centers of America is based in Boca Raton, Florida. It is a national organization that is for profit and is composed of five hospitals that provides care and treatment for patients with cancer all over the United States. According to cancer experts, one in three women, and one in two men will have cancer. Cancer is the growth of abnormal cells that propagate inside the body. There are more than 100 kinds of cancers and each one is categorized by the cell that was primarily affected.
The causes of cancers are:
- Unhealthy lifestyle choices like smoking and too much alcohol intake.
- Environmental hazards (contact with toxic chemicals, air pollution)
- Hereditary defective genes (BRCA2 and BRCA1 mutations)
The common signs and symptoms of cancer can be manifested by: lumps, coughing and chest pains, changes in the urinary and bowel movements, unexplained bleeding, and unexplained weight loss.The most common types of cancer treated at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America are as follows: Bladder cancer, brain cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and ovarian cancer.Cancer can be remedied mainly by: surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. However, depending on the case of the patient, treatments can include immunotherapy; stem cell transplant or a combination of different treatments.
There are 5 major kinds of cancer, which are:
- Tumors that begin on the skins or tissue linings of the internal organs.
- Cysts or lumps that progress in connective tissues, muscle, fat, cartilage, and bone.
- Leukemia that originates in the bone marrow and the blood.
- Lymphomas which begin in the immune system.
- CNS or central nervous system cancers that grow in the spinal column or the brain.
It takes exceptional people to assist in the battle against cancer, and the Cancer Treatment Centers of America are in constant search for individuals that could fill in the following positions:
- Physician Opportunities
- Clinical and Patient Support Opportunities
- Administrative and Hospitality Service Opportunities
- Professional and Management Opportunities
- Management Fellowships and Internships
The organization offers the following health care benefits:
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings
- Full-suite insurance: Disability, Long-term Care, Life and AD
Employees are also given the following Savings Benefits:
- College Tuition Benefit with Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5,250
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Optional Benefits such as Pet Insurance, Long-Term Care Program
- Adoption Assistance
Wellness Benefits for Employees:
- Exercise Facilities
- Unum Work/Life Balance Program
- Vacation, Personal Time and Sick Time
- Nutritional Supplement Benefit
- Healthy Awards Program (a reward given to employees who participate in activities that promote health)
Approximate Salary Scales for the following positions at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America:
- Registered Nurse (hourly rate) – $31.63 to $34.65
- Manager (yearly rate) – $82,048
- Oncology Information Specialist (yearly) – $55,850
- Patient Care Technician (hourly) – $14.20 to $15.00
- Marketing Specialist (yearly) – $51,804
- Intern (hourly) – $14.33
- Scheduler (hourly) – $15.06
Warding off infection during #cancer treatment is often more important than doing what may seem more socially acceptable, many experts say. Find out why: https://t.co/SYGGyrSyGd pic.twitter.com/zAWwGC4UM7
— CTCA (@CancerCenter) March 2, 2018